A few weeks ago I was looking at my favorite website, Craigslist, when I happened upon an antique spanish style bench. The description said it was from the 1930's from a taken from a mission down south. That pretty much had me sold, so Joe and I and the kids headed up to San Francisco to pick up the bench.
It was pretty much love at first sight when I saw it in person. It looks like it could have been a pew in a church. It definitely needs work (there is no seat) and the leather needs to be fixed, but overall it is stunning!!
Below is where the bench is currently in our home. Of course we need to move the pictures and figure out something else to put above it
Also, I came up with the novel idea to use it as a seat for when we have large functions at our house and need to use the dining room table. Below is what it looks like in our dining room. We had to turn the table and put in 2 of the 3 leafs for the table. Now I don't have to worry about finding extra chairs for the table and then storing the chairs when not in use. We can just use the bench/pew.
No comments:
Post a Comment