Monday, March 3, 2008

Ferber-izing....

Ugh, the Ferber Method. For those of you who do not know what that is, basically you stick your child in bed at night and let him cry himself to sleep. Sounds easy enough. Well, we have been trying it for the last couple weeks and so far it has done diddly-squat for us! I think the biggest problem is that he sleeps in a portable crib which is a lot smaller than a regular crib. He scoots himself in the most awkward positions and then can't get out of it so he just cries more. How am I supposed to Ferberize if everytime I go in there I have to move him back to the middle of the crib?! On top of that he kicks his blanket off....maybe I'll wait until he goes to sleep and then put the blanket on him.
On the other hand....I've become an excellent cribbage player while waiting for him to go to sleep.

No comments: